[asterisk-dev] Dahdi file descriptors and meetme

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Oct 20 08:20:14 CDT 2011

It seems that we have an issue with Asterisk 1.4 and meetme using DAHDI pseudochannels and timers.

With one participant in a single meetme, I see 5 file descriptors using lsof. With two partipants in the same meetme, I see ten channels. After meetme exits, I can some time see 30 file handles that disappear quickly.

Dahdi has a maximum of 1024 "channels" so we're hitting the limit after 200 meetme's, which is bad.

I don't know the dahdi interface code, but have problems understanding why we need this amount of open file handles. Anyone that understands what's going on?

/O