[asterisk-dev] Potential 1.8 behavior change in realtime (especially for the CURL backend)

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Tue Oct 18 19:47:33 CDT 2011

I would appreciate some discussion on the proposed change at https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1395/. The proposed solution uses a LIKE query to fix a bug where insecure=port was broken for realtime users using the sipregs table. This type of query is done in many other modules that support realtime, and all realtime backends except res_config_curl translate LIKE and wildcard queries to their native format. res_config_curl just passes the query on as-is to the webserver, relying on whatever app is there to do the translation.

This means that any webapp that serves res_config_curl that has *only* had to support realtime SIP might not support the LIKE query and thus the change could break things. Without using the LIKE query, we would have to do n extra queries where n is the number of peers with a matching IP address (but not port) in the sippeers table (potentially a LOT).

I have given this review a Ship It because I believe it is the proper fix (since dropping sipregs table support all together isn't an option in 1.8), but I thought I'd give people one more chance to speak up before committing (even though this review has been posting emails to the list for quite a while already). Hats off to wdoekes for a very well-thought out fix to the multiple issues with SIP realtime.

Terry