[asterisk-dev] SHA1 and MD5 code?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Oct 14 10:24:58 CDT 2011

On 10/14/2011 09:52 AM, Terry Wilson wrote:

>>> Russell, your attitude sucks. :-P We aren't all Linux bigots here.
>>
>> Haha ... well played.
>>
>> Back to the question though, do you use it for production, or just
>> development? I'm just curious. If there's a real demand for
>> production support of Asterisk on Mac, I'd feel better about dealing
>> with these sorts of things when they come up.
>
> I have a friend with a law office that runs all mac stuff. He has a mac mini server that handles all non-Asterisk stuff. All of his phones are SIP and I am seriously considering moving Asterisk over to the mini. It is quiet and very stable. Form-factor-wise it is a very tempting target for an Asterisk server. Of course, the only thing that worries me is that Asterisk is less-tested there. I would be excited to see OS X become a first-class citizen in the Asterisk community.

Doing so would require a significant long-term commitment from someone
who is a highly experienced developer on the OSX platform, and plans to
stay that way. The significant changes that occur in the toolchain and
library support between OSX releases dwarf anything we see with other
platforms (including Fedora, which many people bash for making changes).

It appears as an outsider that Apple really only cares about people
building applications *for* OSX; they don't much care about OSX being
able to build and run applications that are portable and need to support
non-OSX platforms.

--
Kevin P. Fleming