[asterisk-dev] SHA1 and MD5 code?

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Fri Oct 14 09:52:51 CDT 2011

> >> Does anyone actually use Mac OS X for production use of Asterisk? I
> >> know some developers use it for development purposes, but I would
> >> argue they could just as easily use Linux in a VM. I guess my point
> >> is that I don't know if mac support should play much of a deciding
> >> factor in Asterisk design decisions if that's the only downside to
> >> an
> >> approach.
> >
> > Russell, your attitude sucks. :-P We aren't all Linux bigots here.
>
> Haha ... well played.
>
> Back to the question though, do you use it for production, or just
> development? I'm just curious. If there's a real demand for
> production support of Asterisk on Mac, I'd feel better about dealing
> with these sorts of things when they come up.

I have a friend with a law office that runs all mac stuff. He has a mac mini server that handles all non-Asterisk stuff. All of his phones are SIP and I am seriously considering moving Asterisk over to the mini. It is quiet and very stable. Form-factor-wise it is a very tempting target for an Asterisk server. Of course, the only thing that worries me is that Asterisk is less-tested there. I would be excited to see OS X become a first-class citizen in the Asterisk community.