[asterisk-dev] Questions about dialplan function MessageSend in Asterisk 10

Kamal Ahmed kamal2222ahmed at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 10:09:47 CDT 2011

I am testing Asterisk 10 SIP messaging functionality. I can use MessageSend() in dialplan to send messages outside calls between two SIP phones in the same Asterisk. However, I can’t find any document or example to route messages between different Asterisk instances. If I have a phone with extension “123” connect to Asterisk server 10.0.1.105, I am not able to route the message using  “exten =>123, 1, MessageSend(sip:123 at 10.0.1.105)” from other Asterisk servers. Could you give me some advices or point me to related documents on this issue?

Thanks,