[asterisk-dev] Local channel origination issue.

Yaroslav Panych panych.y at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:02:54 CDT 2011

Thank you, very much. I had suspicions I missed something trivial.

Have another Local channel related question/issue.
My original origination command is
action:originate
channel:local/listener-SOME_ID at vsm-context/n
context:vsm-context
exten:record
priority:1
async:true
codecs:alaw
timeout:10
variable:ordernum=SOME_ID
variable:vsmfile=FILENAME

where SOME_ID and FILENAME are replaced by real value. Now, when
action works, I expecting to have initialised variables in record leg
of channel, but I there is no variables I expected, so my dialplan
completely fails its task. When calling to real device(e.g SIP) all
variables are initialised as expected. Where is caveat? Asterisk
1.8.4.4

2011/10/11 Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com>:
> On 10/11/2011 07:19 AM, Yaroslav Panych wrote:
>
> Various alphabet characters have special meanings in extension patterns: n,
> x, z, etc. The 'n' in 'listener' is not being matched to a literal 'n', it's
> looking for a digit between 0 and 9.
>
> To work around this, you'll need to use '[n]' instead of 'n'. This has
> nothing to do with Local channels, by the way, it's just how extension
> pattern matching works.

regards, Yaroslav