[asterisk-dev] Video patch for Cisco 9971 phones

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Tue Oct 4 15:13:12 CDT 2011

Hello,

here is a dirty patch which I made in order to make video on Cisco 9971 phones work with Asterisk.

The patch is pretty ugly since it does not perform any video format negotiation but instead fakes it.

At least it shows what is required in order to finally make video calls with Asterisk.
I hope that video format negotiation will be added to Asterisk 10.

Here are the parameters I use in the sip peers with the Cisco 9971 phones:
video_fmtp=profile-level-id=42801E\;packetization-mode=0\;level-asymmetry-allowed=1
video_btias=1000000
video_imageattr=recv [x=640,y=480,q=0.50]

Regards, Artem