[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Don't keep the STUN socket open between STUN monitor checks.

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Wed Nov 23 12:12:31 CST 2011

On 2011-11-22 19:43, rmudgett wrote:
> The STUN server DNS address is refreshed periodically if the new stunservermonitor option is enabled.

I'm jumping in without having looked at the code, so feel free to ignore
this question if it doesn't make sense. Here goes...

Wouldn't make sense to make a new DNS request each time a STUN request
is made? I mean go through the whole getaddrinfo(), socket(), connect(),
send() sequence from the start each time.

That would eliminate the need to "monitor" the server's DNS entry and
could make things simpler (but I haven't looked at the code).

Simon
--
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca