[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 10.0.0-rc1 Now Available
Asterisk Development Team
asteriskteam at digium.com
Thu Nov 10 10:38:30 CST 2011
The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate
of Asterisk 10.0.0. This release candidate is available for immediate download
All Asterisk users are encouraged to participate in the Asterisk 10 testing
process. Please report any issues found to the issue tracker,
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira. It is also very useful to see successful test
reports. Please post those to the asterisk-dev mailing list.
All Asterisk users are invited to participate in the #asterisk-testing
channel on IRC to work together in testing the many parts of Asterisk.
Asterisk 10 is the next major release series of Asterisk. It will be a
Standard support release, similar to Asterisk 1.6.2. For more
information about support time lines for Asterisk releases, see the Asterisk
versions page: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions
A short list of features includes:
* T.38 gateway functionality has been added to res_fax.
* Protocol independent out-of-call messaging support. Text messages not
associated with an active call can now be routed through the Asterisk
dialplan. SIP and XMPP are supported so far.
* New highly optimized and customizable ConfBridge application capable of mixing
audio at sample rates ranging from 8kHz-192kHz
(More information available at
* Addition of video_mode option in confbridge.conf to provide basic video
conferencing in the ConfBridge() dialplan application.
* Support for defining hints has been added to pbx_lua.
* Replacement of Berkeley DB with SQLite for the Asterisk Database (AstDB).
* Much, much more!
A full list of new features can be found in the CHANGES file.
For a full list of changes in the current release, please see the ChangeLog:
Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!
More information about the asterisk-dev