[asterisk-dev] Optional api and weak symbol problem

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Tue Nov 8 00:37:40 CST 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 8:48 PM, Yaroslav Panych <panych.y at gmail.com> wrote:
> You conflict yourself. Platform not supported, but patches accepted
> and time to merge them into trunk/brunch are spent.

No, I don't see a conflict in this at all.  Thing of having Asterisk
working on Cygwin as a "nice to have feature, but not necessary for
Asterisk releases".  I think that's the point that Kevin in trying to
convey.  (In Fedora, we have a very similar idea with Primary
Architectures and Secondary Architectures.  People are working on ARM
and PPC and S390 platforms, but if one of those platforms isn't
completely working, we won't hold up the release for primary
architectures.)

> It is very childish.

I've known Kevin a long time, and childish is not a word I would use
to describe him.  He's one of the most competent Asterisk developers
around, and has shown his expertise in complex coding issues time and
time again.  Calling one of the core Asterisk developers childish
doesn't help your cause.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader (and long-time Asterisk enthusiast)