[asterisk-dev] JIRA Question

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Mon Nov 7 10:57:46 CST 2011

On 07/11/11 11:34 AM, Russell Brown wrote:

> Back in September I submitted a patch to voicemail on JIRA. This
> appears as ASTERISK-18565.
>
> Wondering where things had got to...  I had a look at that issue, and
> there's a comment from Leif Madsen saying "This issue is the original
> version of this clone:  ASTERISK-18589' on ASTERISK-18565"
>
> but when I try looking at ASTERISK-18589 using the URL
>
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/SWP-3829
>
> I get a 'Permission Violation' message.
>
> Is JIRA broken?  or am I a muppet who doesn't understand how it's meant
> to work?

That is normal. The issue was cloned and moved to an internal project
that is used for prioritization and assignment of issues to Digium
developers.

All work and updates on an issue are done on the original version of the
issue (the one you opened and have access to). When the 'clone and move'
operation is done, a cloned issue in the same project is created, then
moved to another project which you're seeing in the Activity tab.

It's normal not to have access to that issue, and it can be safely ignored.

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk