[asterisk-dev] How to get ast_debug() logged

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Tue Nov 1 09:55:03 CDT 2011

On 10/31/2011 05:59 PM, Damien Wedhorn wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:56:23 -0500, Ian Pilcher<arequipeno at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> This feels like a stupid question, but I've been banging my head on this
>> long enough ...
>>
>> What do I need to do to get ast_debug() messages logged?
>>
> Heh, I went throught the same thing only a couple days ago. http://wiki.kolmisoft.com/index.php/Asterisk_CLI_debug should help.
>
> Damien
For anyone that is too lazy to click the link, the "debug" level needs
to be specified in logger.conf for whatever log you wish to capture
debug. So if you want debug output on the CLI, then the "console =>"
line needs to have "debug" specified. Then, the debug level will effect
which debug messages appear in the log.

Also, this sort of discussion should really be on asterisk-users since
it does not relate to the development of Asterisk. Thanks!

Mark Michelson