[asterisk-dev] How to retrieve current time on hold?

Jeff Sherk Forerunner Ministries jeff at ForerunnerTV.com
Sun May 29 12:04:28 CDT 2011

I am interested in writing a script that can retrieve which extensions are currently on
hold and how long they have been on hold for.

I see that from the CLI I can use "core show hints" to actually find which extensions have
State:Hold and I can also use "core show channels" to trace what/where the
channel/extension is connected.

I cannot however find a current hold time for how long an extension/channel has been on
hold. I searched the mysql db but did not find the information (or just didn't know what I
was looking for).

What command and/or where should I be looking to find this information? Maybe in a logfile
somewhere?

I am using FreePBX 2.7.0.5 with Asterisk 1.4.18

Thanks