[asterisk-dev] [Feature request] Suggestion: Action on incoming XMPP messages

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu May 19 07:52:24 CDT 2011

On 11-05-19 08:36 AM, Stefan Gofferje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have split now the topics from my original email in separate emails.
>
> Action on incoming XMPP messages
> --------------------------------
>
> I would like to propose dialplan actions for incoming XMPP messages. As
> I understand it, currently, we have to poll potentially waiting messages
> "by hand".
>
> I was thinking something similar to the way, asterisk is handling SMS or
> fax.
> Define the incoming context in the jabber config file and if a text
> message is received, go to the respective context and extension, e.g.
> msgrcvd. That would follow some kind of logic, when looking at the SMS
> and fax handling.

I think you'll want to check out this branch that Russell Bryant has been
working on to enable messaging support in Asterisk:

http://svn.asterisk.org/svn/asterisk/team/russell/messaging/

It is also posted on reviewboard which might give some better indication about
how to use it, and the purpose of it:

https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/1042/

Enjoy!
Leif.