[asterisk-dev] Sending SRTP to Asterisk Gateway ends up in authentication failure

Karsten Asche K-Asche at web.de
Wed May 18 02:07:37 CDT 2011

Hi @ all,
I´m trying to send SRTP packets to an asterisk 1.8.4 Gateway with my own developed softphone.
I am using libsrtp to prtect the rtp packets.
At the moment I do SRTP without a key management and creating my key with the crypto_get_random function
of libsrtp. The key size is 30B. For creating the SDP offer with crypto I encode the key to base64.
The encryption type I want to use is AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_80.
for crypto_policy I use the crypto_policy_set_rtp_default.
By sending the protected SRTP packets Asterisk Gateway ends up with SRTP_unprotect: authentication failure.
My payload is 240B large and after protecting 250B.
What could be wrong? How I can find out if I´m using same key and key derivations like asterisk?

Best Regards
Karsten

--
Karsten Asche