[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP user fields are crazy. Repeat extension searches if they all fail and semicolons are obfuscating the extension in the uri.

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu May 12 15:37:13 CDT 2011

On 11-05-12 04:31 PM, David Vossel wrote:
> Nope, just make the option strip off and discard everything after the ';' in the userfield.  It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that for now.  This is just an interoperability patch that allows people with devices that generate URI's that look like this to use them and pattern match the way they expect them to.  If people don't want to use this option, they don't have to.  If people want it to do more in the future, then we'll tackle that when the actual situation occurs.   This is not a standardized thing, there's no pattern to follow here.  This fix is very much dictated by what gets people's real world devices working with Asterisk, and right now that is a sip.conf option that strips off everything after the ';' of a user field.

Agreed. If we start going down the more complicated road, my suggest would be to
throw it all away and let the dialplan deal with it. If you just want to add
this simple option that deals with the semicolon issue specifically, the sure,
that is fine, as we have a precedent around buggymwi={yes,no} for
interoperability situations.

Leif.