[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] SIP user fields are crazy. Repeat extension searches if they all fail and semicolons are obfuscating the extension in the uri.

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu May 12 11:15:49 CDT 2011

On 11-05-12 11:35 AM, Jonathan Rose wrote:
> I don't know if I agree with that.  I was more in line with thinking an
> option like this could be channel specific.  You might want to cull
> different words with an outside SIP provider from what you'd use
> internally or with another SIP provider, and I'm not entirely sure it's
> easy, clean, or necessary to do that with another conf file.

You can still do that though. If you look at the queuerules.conf file, you
define rules, and then the queues.conf allows you to apply separate rules to
each queue, and that's how I would expect this to work.

The grammar file would contain the different ways of dealing with the grammars,
then you could apply those rules to the specific peer within the sip.conf file.

sip_grammars.conf

[my_grammar]
<insert whatever the grammars would look like>

sip.conf

[my_peer]
type=peer
grammar_rule=my_grammar