[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Add getnameinfo() to ast_sockaddr_resolve ()

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Wed May 4 03:47:58 CDT 2011

"Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> writes:

> Just to clarify to Benny: The dial string is parsed by the SIP
> channel, not the DIAL app. We could change syntax of the SIP dial
> string or add an option - like in chan_local - but in this case an
> option that says "don't try to resolve this in DNS".

That would certainly solve the problem. So something like
Dial(SIP/foobar/p&SIP/1.2.3.4/i&SIP/for.bar.baz/h) ?

p for "peer", which would then only do lookups among peers, i for "ip"
which would only accept IP (IPv4 or IPv6, currently) addresses, h for
"hostname" which would do a proper DNS lookup ignoring the peer list,
and so on?

/Benny