[asterisk-dev] [svn-commits] kaii: branch kaii/1.8-multicall r311976 - /team/kaii/1.8-multicall/

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Thu Mar 31 13:27:39 CDT 2011

On Thursday 31 March 2011 11:28:11 David Vossel wrote:
> [...]

I think it's more of a question that "stable" is a loaded word, and it
means too many different things for us to use the word to describe a
release branch without causing confusion.  Certainly, neither 1.4 nor 1.8
are "stable", like Debian means the word, because the source is continually
changing.  And while our releases generally don't crash, sometimes
something sneaks into a release, and one release crashes often, which is
another meaning for "stable".  It's better to simply use the words
"release", "security maintenance", and "EOL" to describe our branches, and
leave "stable" for the distributions to define.

--
Tilghman