[asterisk-dev] Ring, Ring or Ringing

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Mar 31 07:31:25 CDT 2011

I've been playing around a bit with manager and noticed something I haven't seen before.

When calling through local, so that I have one incoming SIP channel, two local channels and an outbound SIP channel, only a few of the involved channels are set to RINGING state when we receive ringing from the far end.

I would assume that all involved AST-channels should be set to ringing state (which would make it easier for manager developers).

In chan_sip, we just send 180 ringing when we receive AST_CONTROL_RINGING, but we don't change state for p->owner. The calling channel seems to stay in RING state, but acutally signals ringing on the SIP signalling plane.

I think we should change state of all involved channels so that you can see the same state for all channels in "core show channels" as well as in manager.

What do you think?

/O