[asterisk-dev] dvossel: branch dvossel/hd_confbridge r311735 - in /team/dvossel/hd_confbridg...

Tony Mountifield tony at mountifield.org
Mon Mar 28 16:05:19 CDT 2011

In article <1402667316.74404.1301343619940.JavaMail.root at zimbra>,
David Vossel <dvossel at digium.com> wrote:
> > From: "Tony Mountifield" <tony at softins.co.uk>
> >
> > With Meetme, the * gets you into menu mode (and plays the menu),
> > and then 4, 6, 7 and 9 make volume adjustments while staying
> > in the same mode, and 8 exits from that menu mode.
> > Other keys such as 1 for mute exit menu mode immediately after
> > performing their function.
> >
> > I'm sure you know that already, but I'm not sure how that exact
> > functionality could be expressed in the existing menu syntax above.
>
> Right, so this one of the fundamental differences of the MeetMe's static
> admin and use menus and ConfBridge's dynamic menus. In order to allow
> the creation of the dynamic menus every action has to match a sequence.
> When designing this system we were aware that this may offer some
> limitations.  That's why the "dialplan_exec" menu action was created.
> If there is the need for a menu that can not be expressed in the
> confbridge.conf configuration, this action can be used to allow a
> channel to briefly exit the conference and enter a more complex dialplan
> created menu.

OK, fair enough. Is there any kind of timeout or exit strategy for
incomplete sequences? For example if someone presses * by accident,
but doesn't want any of the offered options.

When it's in trunk, I really must grab a copy and have a play with it.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield