[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8 Packages for Debian and Ubuntu

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Mar 23 17:31:49 CDT 2011

Greetings,

Digium has been providing rpm packages for the latest versions of
Asterisk that are compatible with RHEL 5 and CentOS 5 for quite some
time now.  We are pleased to announce that we will now be providing deb
packages for both Debian and Ubuntu.  As of now, we have Asterisk 1.8
packages available for the following distribution versions:

  * Debian 6.0 (squeezy)
  * Ubuntu 10.04 (lucid)
  * Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick)
  * Ubuntu 11.04 (natty)

This effort is not intended to replace packaging of Asterisk in the
official Debian or Ubuntu repositories.  Our repositories are for
providing access to major versions of Asterisk that are newer than what
is included.  We are exploring ways to work as closely as possible with
the Debian and Ubuntu package maintainers to ensure that we do not
duplicate efforts and that we provide the best possible result for users
of Asterisk.

For information on how to set up your system to use our repositories,
please refer to the following page on the Asterisk wiki:

    https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Packages

If you have any problems related to the repositories or the packages
themselves, please report them in the "AsteriskNOW and Packages" project
on the Asterisk issue tracker, http://issues.asterisk.org/.

Thanks,

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software