[asterisk-dev] Introducing the new ConfBridge

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Mar 15 14:08:46 CDT 2011

On 03/15/2011 02:00 PM, Russell Bryant wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 12:57 -0500, David Vossel wrote:
>
>> Umm, this is a good point.  What if I made an app that allowed bridge/user profiles to be built dynamically in the dialplan, would that work?
>>
>> ConfBridgeCreateProfile(type,options) ; Allows custom User and Bridge profiles to be built dynamically and stored on the channel.
>>
>> When ConfBridge is called on the channel with no user or bridge profile specified, it will check to see if one of these dynamic profiles exist and use it instead of the default profiles in confbridge.conf.
>>
>> Example Usage
>>
>> exten =>  1111,1,Answer()
>> exten =>  1111,n,ConfBridgeCreateProfile(bridge,i(16000)m(50)) ; creates a bridge profile with internal sample rate of 16khz and max members of 50
>> exten =>  1111,n,ConfBridgeCreateProfile(user,a)  ; creates a user profile specifying this user is an Admin.
>> exten =>  1111,n,ConfBridge(1111,,,)       ; Uses the dynamic bridge and user profiles just created.
>
> I think I would prefer a dialplan function interface.  That seems more
> natural to me for this sort of thing.
>
> ;
> ; Set an option on a dynamic confbridge profile.  If the profile does
> ; not exist, create it.
> ;
> exten =>  foo,1,Set(CONFBRIDGE_PROFILE(profile_name,<bridge|
> user>,option)=value)

I like this idea as well... although I'm not sure the profile_name is
valuable, since it can't be shared across channels. It does have one
benefit, in that it removes 'implicit' behavior in ConfBridge itself,
and requires the dialplan writer to refer specifically to the dynamic
profile, which is worthwhile... but could be complex to document.

--
Kevin P. Fleming