[asterisk-dev] SipAddHeader and SIP REFER

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Mar 15 10:35:37 CDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 09:01 +0100, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> 1) Be careful with locking issues. I added something that checked channel variables during a call (MAX_FORWARDS) that we simply could not solve.
> If you want to use this for a REFER during a call, you're in the same neighbourhood. That's no good.

You're right that this is something to watch out for.  We can make sure
it's safe through peer code review though.

> 2) Maybe we should consider a separate list of headers for REFER. THe proper way would be to store these in a channel storage unit, not in channel variables. The current sip-header implementation was done before we had data storage for channels.

Agreed that a channel datastore would be a better storage mechanism than
channel variables.  I like this option of adding it as something that
you have to explicitly say you want on REFER.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software