[asterisk-dev] SipAddHeader and SIP REFER

Kirill Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Mon Mar 14 15:35:02 CDT 2011

Additional headers from SIPAddHeader are not added to the REFER packet.
This is a practical case for us now.

The machinery is all there, so it seems an easy fix. I do not know,
however, what is the best way to implement the functionality so it might
be useful to everyone. I see the following options:

1. Just always add the headers if set in the dialplan, just like it is
done with the INVITE.

2. Create an option in sip.conf that would enable behavior (1), default off.

3. Extend Transfer() application with a flag argument, and a flag to
enable sending the extra headers.

4. Do not release a patch. Nobody would be interested anyway.

I would be all for the option (1); however, it might have regression
implication, if someone's implementation depends on not sending the
extra headers. Cannot think of an RFC compliant SIP implementation that
would be really broken, but can cause e. g. unintended information leak.

(2) seems a good compromise in this case, while (3)seems overcomplicated
to me.

What do you think?

  -kkm