[asterisk-dev] Tell me I am not the only person in the world using cel_odbc

Kirill Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Mon Mar 14 13:51:18 CDT 2011

On 110313 1123, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Kirill Katsnelson<kkm at adaptiveai.com>  wrote:
>> On 110313 0700, Ryan Wagoner wrote:
>>>
>>> I have odbc cel enabled and the eventype column is being inserted.
>>
>> Ahhh. Let me guess: it is either CHAR or VARCHAR. Correct?
>
> Yep my column type is varchar 80. Examples of the data inserted are
> CHAN_START, CHAN_END, APP_START, ANSWER, HANGUP

Interestingly the conf.sample file suggests that the column type should
be integer. It does not say that explicitly but I, for one, did not even
think for a minute otherwise. Only by inspecting the code I found that
there is separate code to handle strings that actually works.

I posted a patch #18964 for the issue.

  -kkm