[asterisk-dev] SendText() on a SIP channel in 1.8 ?

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Sat Mar 5 04:48:47 CST 2011

Hi!
  I'm adopting my PBX for Asterisk 1.8. I've found that I can't see messages
sent to the SIP phones anymore.
  I've done just a basic debug: The SendText() app is called and
${SENDTEXTSTATUS} shows SUCCESS. However, there is no output on the phone
and I cannot see a MESSAGE SIP method being sent to the phone. With sip debug
enabled, I cannot see any chan_sip activity around the SendText() call. In 1.6,
it works normally.
  Should I make some additional setup somewhere ? The phones are for example
Linksys/Cisco SPA962 or SPA942.
  With regards, Pavel.