[asterisk-dev] asterisk curl function and socket keep alive

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Tue Mar 1 14:01:31 CST 2011

See inline:

On 1 March 2011 19:53, Paul Albrecht <albrecht at glccom.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 12:36 -0600, Terry Wilson wrote:
>> > I asked this question yesterday and didn't get much of a response so
>> > I'll try again ... Why is the keep alive socket option used for curl
>> > connection requests? The obvious disadvantage of keep alive is that the
>> > socket file descriptor is retained until the channel thread terminates.
>>
>> Don't start a new thread just because you didn't get the answer you want within a day. It isn't going to help. You also were talking with the author of func_curl. He gave you the reason "because it is the default" and suggested that the only reason it hasn't been changed is because no one had submitted a suitable patch to change the functionality.
>>

> I'm simply reporting a problem and haven't received an appropriate
> response. An appropriate response would be either: it's a feature or
> it's a bug. If it's the former than I expect a proper explanation, if
> it's the latter than I expect a fix.

Yikes.

"expect" ?

"would appreciate" is a so much better way of asking. I wouldn't
answer anyone that "expects" me to explain or fix the code I wrote
(especially if I wrote in in my own time for and donated it to you).

As you mentioned, you are simply reporting a problem. Not paying for a fix.

Julian

Follow "Ode To Politics" by HB Tasker at http://twitter.com/HBTasker