[asterisk-dev] Should ASTERISK-17124 be fixed in 1.8.4.2?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jun 22 07:58:21 CDT 2011

On 21/06/11 09:03 PM, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
> Asterisk 1.8.4.2 seems to be suffering from the problem in
> ASTERISK-17124 (Asterisk does not hangup a channel after endpoint hangs
> up when using FastAGI), but 17124 was merged on April 13th and 1.8.4.2
> was released in June.
>
> Should this problem have been fixed? If so, the fix may not have worked.

The reason it doesn't exist is because it was fixed after 1.8.4 was
created, and 1.8.4.1 and 1.8.4.2 are based on 1.8.4, with only select
changes made.

Anything resolved after 1.8.4 then becomes available in the following
RC1 where it is only then pulled from the 1.8 branch directly.

If we just pulled everything in from the 1.8 branch for 1.8.4.2 then
we'd have many changes that were not directly resolving the issue at
hand that was triggering the 1.8.4.x release. I think that makes sense
when you think about it that way.

Basically the only time all changes from the 1.8 branch are pulled into
a release is at 1.8.x-rc1. Anything after that is a cherry picked issue
that is justifying an additional release candidate or sub-point release.

Hope that helps,
Leif.

--
Leif Madsen