[asterisk-dev] Berkeley DB vs SQLite

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Wed Jun 15 09:13:41 CDT 2011

> ]Adding an external dependency to EVERY build is a big thing. I would prefer
>
> a) using the system copy if there is one
> b) embedding the source in the case that a) fails.

It's easy enough to add--it is a single .c file and a couple of .h files clocking in a around 4MB total. SQLite is available on pretty much every distribution known to man, though. I would rather rely on the external dependency, personally. I don't like the idea of having to manually update our local copy of SQLite3 from time to time. I would feel differently if it was an obscure package, but SQLite3 is pretty much everywhere.

Terry

p.s. next up, appleriasin. :-)