[asterisk-dev] cisco-check-cfg

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 29 09:10:45 CDT 2011

On 07/29/2011 10:01 AM, Simon Perreault wrote:
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote, on 07/29/2011 09:43 AM:
>>>
>>> What if Asterisk is talking to a SIP user agent on the local host?
>>
>> True... good point. OK, clarification then: Asterisk should only include [::1]
>> in a Contact header (or various other headers) when it knows that the UA it is
>> talking to is connected over the loopback interface.
>
> Any idea on how to translate that into code?

I believe this is the purpose of ast_sip_ouraddrfor() in chan_sip.c,
right? I suspect that this is already being done properly for other
types of SIP requests, but the 'sip notify' CLI command is not
constructing the outbound request properly. We certainly aren't having
this problem with *all* NOTIFY requests, otherwise we'd have many other
failures.

--
Kevin P. Fleming