[asterisk-dev] HELP for SMS

warrior back indianrocking at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 05:26:35 CDT 2011

Hello,

I have implemented CLI command to send the sms from source to destination .
If destination is local sip number which is registered in asterisk's SIP
serve  them sms is working fine  but  I am not able to send the sms  which
is remote  SIP number(registered to outside SIP server). Once if  I added
the information  like Server_ip, Serer_Port  for particular number say
5000(remote number)  then SMS is working fine for destination 5000
but if i send the sms to 5123 it fails since 5123 have no any sip
information.

Please help me How can i make a rule in my sip.conf  or extensons.conf so
that any 5XXX number or XXXXX number can get  the server_IP, so that if i
want to send sms to  5123 it will take the server_ip and Server_port
information.

By using XLITE If 5000 information is has hard  coded in sip.conf I am able
to send-receive the message from 5000 But  if i try to send sms to 9000
which have no information in SIP.conf then it fails.

I have tried to do SMS with MessageSend application but it is not working. I
have added the rule for MessageSend in extensions.conf
exten => 5000,1,Answer()
;exten => 5000,2,Set(MESSAGE(body)=Send SMS.)

exten => 5000,3,MessageSend(sip:5000 at 172.16.241.42:5062)

exten => 5000,4,Wait(30)

But only when i try to call the number through XLITE tehn only MessageSend
invoke and after invoke it this application throws an error
No message technology sip found.
Please help me how can i invoke MessageSend without calling the number means
through SOFT phone when i try to send the meesage it should
invoke MessageSend  based upon rule made in extensions.conf.

Thanks,
Vikash