[asterisk-dev] $1000 reward for patch to cure call pickup crashes

Alistair Cunningham acunningham at integrics.com
Tue Jul 19 18:23:45 CDT 2011

On 20/07/11 00:10, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On 11-07-19 07:27 AM, Alistair Cunningham wrote:
>> Would I be right in saying that this patch is included in 1.8.5.0?
>> Applying the patch tells me that the patch has already been applied.
>> Unfortunately, the crashes continue - attached is a backtrace from the
>> core file.
>>
> Correct, you can confirm by checking the ChangeLog file and searching
> for 'r319997'[1].
>
> [1] - http://svnview.digium.com/svn/asterisk?revision=319997&view=revision

Unfortunately that means that the patch doesn't solve the crashes
several of our customers have been experiencing on 1.6.2.X, 1.8.4.4, and
1.8.5.0.

The customer running 1.8.5.0 has just decided to disable call pickup
rather than suffer more crashes, and they'll only be willing to
re-enable it once we're confident the problem is cured, so there won't
be any more debugging from them. If we find another customer affected
who's willing to debug, I'll let this list know.

In the meantime, if anyone is confident that they can produce a patch
based on the reported symptoms and attached backtrace, please let me
know. I'm willing to offer a reward of USD 1000 via PayPal for a patch
that comprehensively solves the problem.

Alistair Cunningham
+1 888 468 3111
+44 20 799 39 799
http://integrics.com/