[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] iLBC codec can be added to asterisk again as it is available under a new license now

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jul 14 08:18:57 CDT 2011

I can't get logged into reviewboard, so I'll just reply to the list.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Artem <reviewboard at asterisk.org> wrote:

> The iLBC codec was acquired by google and released under a new license which is GPL compatible.
>
> The codec can be inserted in asterisk again.
>
> The patch adds the iLBC sources, activates the codec by default and removes the contrib script.

Regardless of what license the iLBC sources are available under, I
would *strongly* prefer that another external library *not* get
dragged into the Asterisk source.  It just adds problems because
inevitably the code that has been imported into Asterisk is going to
diverge from the upstream sources and keeping up to date will become
difficult, and less and less likely to happen.

--
Jeff Ollie