[asterisk-dev] iLBC codec

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Jul 12 10:50:07 CDT 2011

On 07/12/2011 10:10 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just stumbled about
> https://sites.google.com/site/webrtc/ilbc-freeware
>
> Has somebody checked the new license? Maybe this would allow Asterisk to
> include ilbc codec again in the Asterisk sources and build it by default.

We have not taken the time to review the new license, no. There is so
little demand for iLBC to be included directly in the Asterisk code that
it hasn't seemed like it would be worth the effort. If someone out there
wants to review the license and give us an initial assessment of whether
it appears to be GPLv2 compatible, that would be a helpful start.

--
Kevin P. Fleming