[asterisk-dev] Session heartbeat?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Thu Jul 7 09:25:01 CDT 2011

On 11-07-06 02:29 PM, Gavin Henry wrote:
> On 6 July 2011 17:32, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
>> On 07/06/2011 11:27 AM, Gavin Henry wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Would anyone have any pointers about how to best implement this?
>>> Willing to sponsor it. So something gets run every 60s.
>>
>> That's pretty vague: you didn't specify a protocol, or even what 'something'
>> might be. If your goal is to keep SIP sessions alive, or know when they are
>> broken, SIP 'session timers' will do that and are already implemented.
>
> Yeah, sorry. I'm thinking like this
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_nibblebill#Enabling_Session_Heartbeat
> for billing

I think you'll need to implement something external (perhaps marking something
in a database with the channel name, or using the GROUP() dialplan function?),
and then access the channels via the Asterisk Manager Interface and
update/control channels using a daemon.

There is the L() flag to Dial() which does most of what you want, except for the
live updating during the call.

Leif.