[asterisk-dev] Fax with Asterisk and T38Modem

Thorolf Godawa nospam at godawa.de
Fri Jul 1 15:44:14 CDT 2011

Hi Wolfgang,

> i have already used t38modem with asterisk 1.8.3 with the
> problems you have described...
which problems you are refering to?

Running t38modem with Asterisk newer than 1.4.24 to fax out, or
receiving a fax with t38modem and Asterisk 1.8 where it fails because of
the second REINVITE?

For the second problem it seems that we found a "würg around", I will do
some tests and if it's working I'll put the solution in the tracker of
t38modem.

But _if_ this will work, it is only a solution in conjunction with
Asterisk 1.8.4, may be even just for me.

For the first one I'm still looking for a solution and during that time
I use a patched Asterisk 1.4.20.

> But i did have had another problem - i was not able to somehow pass
> the sender information onto asterisk. I wanted to get the hylafax
> username which has originated the fax to asterisk - to be able to set
> the correct outgoing callerid - but didn't manage this.
I'm not sure what you mean, but may be it will help if you add the
F-flag in the master.cf of Postfix:

scache    unix  -       -       n       -       1       scache
fax       unix  -       n       n       -       1       pipe
flags=F user=faxmail_user argv=/usr/bin/perl /usr/libexec/postfix/mail.pl

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf