[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8.5-rc1 Now Available

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Fri Jul 1 09:44:23 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 08:42:30AM -0500, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Asterisk Development Team
> <asteriskteam at digium.com> wrote:
> > The Asterisk Development Team has announced the first release candidate of
> > Asterisk 1.8.5. This release candidate is available for immediate download
> > at
> > http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/
>
> I'm attempting to build new packages for Fedora (Rawhide) using
> 1.8.5-rc1 but menuselect complains that there are missing dependencies
> for chan_dahdi.  I didn't see any changes in chan_dahdi that would
> account for this, and 1.8.4.4 builds just fine.  Did anything else
> change that would account for this?

If 1.8.4.4 built fine on the same system with the same compiler then
this may not be related.  However there does appear to be an unresolved
issue with menuselect and gcc 4.6 which I have not looked into
personally which prevents chan_dahdi from building.

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-18062

Cheers,
Shaun

--