[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.8.3-rc2 Now Available

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:52:46 CST 2011

On 01/26/2011 03:18 PM, Asterisk Development Team wrote:
> The Asterisk Development Team has announced the second release candidate of
> Asterisk 1.8.3. This release candidate is available for immediate
> download at
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/
>
> The release of Asterisk 1.8.3-rc2 resolves the following issues in
> addition to
> those included in 1.8.3-rc1:
>
> * Resolve issue where no Music On Hold may be triggered when using
> res_timing_dahdi.
> (Closes issues #18262. Reported by francesco_r. Patched by cjacobson.
> Tested
> by francesco_r, rfrantik, one47)
>
> * Resolve a memory leak when the Asterisk Manager Interface is disabled.
> (Reported internally by kmorgan. Patched by russellb)
>
> * Reimplemented fax session reservation to reverse the ABI breakage
> introduced
> in r297486.
> (Reported internally. Patched by mnicholson)
>
> For a full list of changes in this release candidate, please see the
> ChangeLog:
>
> http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/ChangeLog-1.8.3-rc2
>
> Thank you for your continued support of Asterisk!
>
> --

For 1.8.3, could we show a little love to:

https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=18644

The hints for confbridge are broken. While it's not technically a
regression (AFAIK, hints never worked with confbridge, though they are
supposed to in 1.8), to the extent confbridge replaces meetme, it is a
regression. And it means confbridge is not usable, at least for our use
case.

I've no clue how difficult this is to fix. It may be too complicated for
1.8.3, but if not....

sean