[asterisk-dev] Is 'make menuconfig' in dahdi-tools needed still?

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Mon Jan 24 11:31:57 CST 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 09:50:55AM -0300, Andrew Latham wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Shaun Ruffell <sruffell at digium.com> wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anyone uses "make menuconfig" when building dahdi-tools
> > anymore?

[snip]

> > On my test system, it takes longer to build menuselect/menuselect than
> > it does to build the utilities.
> >
> > If you do not want menuselect to dissapear from dahdi-tools please speak
> > up.
>
> My only comment is the need for a method to compile for meetme bridge
> and or TDMoE only. Hint:
> http://svnview.digium.com/svn/dahdi?view=rev&rev=9640

I'm not sure I get this hint.  Any changes of this nature would not go in a
minor point release....

But point taken.  Like Tzafir said, we have the Kconfig...but how to use it
out-of-tree for dahdi-linux?

For dahdi-tools, seems to me like if the configure script can work around
modified if.h header on Gentoo we can go ahead and remove menuconfig in
dahdi-tools.

Cheers,
Shaun

--