[asterisk-dev] Is 'make menuconfig' in dahdi-tools needed still?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Thu Jan 20 10:15:17 CST 2011

On Wednesday 19 January 2011 19:08:25 Shaun Ruffell wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone uses "make menuconfig" when building dahdi-tools
> anymore?
>
> The following small-ish utilities are what is currently built in
> dahdi-tools.
>
> [*] fxotune
> [ ] fxstest
> [*] sethdlc
> [*] dahdi_cfg
> [ ] dahdi_diag
> [*] dahdi_monitor
> [*] dahdi_scan
> [*] dahdi_speed
> [*] dahdi_test
> [*] dahdi_tool
>
> On my test system, it takes longer to build menuselect/menuselect than
> it does to build the utilities.
>
> If you do not want menuselect to dissapear from dahdi-tools please speak
> up.

1) I think we should disable all but "dahdi_cfg" in the default install.
The other tools are only needed in some very narrow circumstances.

2) I'd additionally like to see menuselect implemented for the kernel
drivers, as there are flags in include/dahdi/dahdi_config.h that you need to
alter in order to turn those options on (CONFIG_DAHDI_NET, for one).

--
Tilghman