[asterisk-dev] Setting up a development environment for Asterisk

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 12:21:46 CST 2011

>Do you have an account on the Asterisk wiki?

I do not have an account however, I will open one. How I would start this is
by:
1) Creating a CDT project for each asterisk module,
2) Append asterisk code to the related project.

There should be a chronological order for (1), i.e. (main, include etc..).
Step (1) will also break Make files, mostly the referenced paths, so this
will also need some attention.

By doing this some eclipse property files will be created.
If we commit the whole eclipse workspace (i.e. modules,
property files etc..)  into a repository, It would be possible for
developers to checkout complete eclipse workspace  and compile,
run, edit and so on.

Cheers,

Nick