[asterisk-dev] ast_debug() vs ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, ...) vs ast_log(AST_LOG_DEBUG, ...)

Kirill Katsnelson kkm at adaptiveai.com
Mon Jan 3 15:51:30 CST 2011

On 110103 0907, Russell Bryant wrote:
>> >  I am asking because 1.8 outputs 2 debug lines, want it or not, per every
>> >  call. It was a nice feature in 1.6 to be able to enable or disable debug
>> >  on the fly in 1.6 by just setting "core set debug N" instead of changing
>> >  and reloading logger.conf.
> I can't think of any reason ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, ...) should be used
> directly.  They should all be converted to ast_debug().

I sent in a patch (#18556) for the 6 most annoying of these, which are
triggered on every call, but I do not think there is any sense for me or
any outsider to submit a patch trying to fix all 200--the patch will
certainly be obsolete if/when it might be applied, given the usual
turn-around time of months/years. It could only be done with someone
having almost direct commit right. I'm sure it will be appreciated by
the community if it could be fixed by the Asterisk team, however, if
there would be a time slot found in someone's schedule for it!

  -kkm