[asterisk-dev] Introducing the new ConfBridge

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Feb 23 17:26:30 CST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 13:37 -0800, Michael L. Young wrote:

> I would suggest changing the menu around:
>
> [moderator_menu]
> type = menu
> playback_continue = '*'(conf-menu) ;play a prompt while continuing to gather DTMF sequence
> toggle_mute = '*1'
> toggle_deaf = '*2'
> toggle_deaf, toggle_mute = '*3'  ;notice multiple actions can be associated with a single DTMF sequence
> dialplan_exec = '*4'(context,priority)
> playback_continue = '*5'(conf-menu2) ;play another prompt while collecting more of the DTMF sequence
> increase_tx_volume = '*51'
> decrease_tx_volume = '*52'
> increase_rx_volume = '*53'
> decrease_rx_volume = '*54'
>
> This just feels more natural.

I kind of like it the other way around.  The reason is that the most
natural thing to me is have the key in the key/value unique when
possible.  By having the key sequence as the key, it does that.  If you
swap it, you could have 20 instances of dialplan_exec = something, which
I don't like as much.

Admittedly, there are plenty of examples of configuration sections in
Asterisk where a particular key may be duplicated.  For example allow,
disallow, permit, deny, etc.

It's a big toss up to me.  I guess I don't care either way.  Speak up if
you care enough to vote one way or the other, I guess.  If enough people
want it changed, that works for me.

--
Russell Bryant
Digium, Inc.   |   Engineering Manager, Open Source Software