[asterisk-dev] Subversion doesn't like origsvn

David Ruggles thedavidfactor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:57:31 CST 2011

I recently installed Fedora 14 on my laptop and now that I'm done getting it
setup I'm checking out Asterisk on to it. (As any self respecting Asterisk
dev should ;-)

Anyway, I'm running into a weird problem, when I try to check out I get the
following error:
#svn co https://origsvn.digium.com/svn/asterisk asterisk-trunk
svn: OPTIONS of 'https://origsvn.digium.com/svn/asterisk': Certificate
verification error: signed using insecure algorithm (
https://origsvn.digium.com)

I've been researching it, and it looks like some time recently, GNU TLS was
updated to no longer accepted MD5'd certs, GNU TLS is used by libneon which
is used by Subversion.

I'm working on downgrading Subversion, but I was wondering if anyone else
had run in to this and had any suggestions and/or if Digum was planning on
changing the origsvn cert because of the change to GNU TLS?