[asterisk-dev] Subject: Re: return control after ast_bridge_call

ISABEL ORDAS ARNAL ioa at tid.es
Tue Feb 22 03:03:54 CST 2011

On 02/21/2011 08:40 AM, ISABEL ORDAS ARNAL wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to make things with the RTP transmitted over the channels of a
> bridged call once they have been bridged and while the call is going on.
> If I do ast_bridge_call(), the control is not returned to my application
> until the call is finished. How to do so?

If I understand you correctly, you want to monitor/modify the audio
associated with some channels (which is not 'RTP', Asterisk does not use
RTP internally). You are correct that you can't do this from the same
thread that you are running ast_bridge_call() from, because that thread
is dedicated to handling the call bridge while the call is up.

You probably want to look at the audiohooks API; this is what many
modules in Asterisk already used to attach themselves to channels and
manipulate the audio.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
skype: kpfleming | jabber: kfleming at digium.com

Hi Kevin,
Yes I want to listen the audio associated with both channels in a call.
So, I don't understand very well what I am supposed to do with audiohooks.
Actually, what I do is the following:
1. A call arrives and I manage it within my module.
2. I create a new channel
3. call the other party on the created channel
4. bridge the call.

I am studying the SpyChannel, that is using audiohooks API, but I don't know
when I should use the function in charge of reading the audio, because the thread is
also dedicated to listen the audio, so I cannot do the following:
1. A call arrives and I manage it within my module.
2. I create a new channel
3. call the other party on the created channel
4. Listen on caller channel (audiohooks)
5. listen on callee channel (audiohooks)
6. bridge the call

Do I need separate modules to be called in the dialplan? I would like to have a unique module to do everything.
Is this proposed option allowed?

Regards,
Isabel

This message is intended exclusively for its addressee. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at.