[asterisk-dev] IAX hardphone

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Feb 15 13:49:10 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Bill Shaw <b.shaw at comcast.net> wrote:

> I think I'd buy Jeff's explanation - Wireshark disables checksums for some
> odd reason.  I don't buy the entire thing though,  since it was disabling
> checksums on incoming packets where the checksums should have been present
> and valid,  not just outgoing packets where some external processor might be
> computing the checksum.

Yes, Wireshark by default does not check checksums on any packets as
it's sometimes subjective what's "incoming" and what's "outgoing".

> Regardless,  I'll just write it off to some networking weirdness and avoid
> Wireshark in the future.

I wouldn't avoid Wireshark, it's much improved over Ethereal (Ethereal
was renamed Wireshark a few years ago
http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html#q1.2) especially in the area of
security.

--