[asterisk-dev] IAX hardphone

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Mon Feb 14 14:41:40 CST 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Bill Shaw wrote:

>>> OK. First, my setup...
>>>
>>> 192.168.1.56 - my development system - Win xp - Wireshark, Zoiper, TI's
>>> Code Composer Studio
>>> 192.168.1.4 - My PBX - CentOS 5.5, Asterisk 1.6.2 (?)
>>> 192.168.1.31 - my hardphone - TI DSP running my code on the bare metal
>
> Wireshark capture - http://b.shaw.home.comcast.net/accept.pcap

Hi Bill,

I won't pretend to know the inner workings of the IAX protocol, but
comparing your "ACCEPT" in frame 12 with the "ACCEPT" sent by asterisk to
Zoiper in frame 6 I see that asterisk's accept has an extra eleven bytes
that at least my copy of wireshark (1.2.11) can't decode.

Just as a suggestion for further debugging, perhaps setup another Zoiper
to call to, and examine the packet trace for a functioning IAX call, and
see if that will enlighten.

Cheers,