[asterisk-dev] IAX hardphone

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Feb 14 11:04:21 CST 2011

On 02/14/2011 10:42 AM, Bill Shaw wrote:

> OK. First, my setup...
>
> 192.168.1.56 - my development system - Win xp - Wireshark, Zoiper, TI's
> Code Composer Studio
> 192.168.1.4 - My PBX - CentOS 5.5, Asterisk 1.6
> 192.168.1.31 - my hardphone - TI DSP running my code on the bare metal

You'll have to be more specific, as there isn't any Asterisk release
numbered '1.6'; there are dozens of individual releases that start with
'1.6', and there are notable differences between the 1.6.0, 1.6.1 and
1.6.2 branches.

However, for all of them, the following sequence of steps should ensure
you get the maximum possible output on the Asterisk console:

* Edit /etc/asterisk/logger.conf and ensure that the 'console' channel
has "debug,verbose,notice,warning,error" levels listed. To make it
easier to capture this output for including in email/etc., also ensure
that the 'full' channel has these same levels and is not commented out.
That will produce a /var/log/asterisk/full file that will contain *most*
(but not all) of what gets sent to the console.

* When Asterisk starts, before making any test calls, issue the commands:
	'core set debug 10'
	'core set verbose 10'
	'iax2 set debug on'

--