[asterisk-dev] Manpages and Wiki Access

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 08:12:18 CST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Tzafrir Cohen
<tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:06:49AM -0300, Andrew Latham wrote:
>> I am working on https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=16505 which is
>> about the manpage(s).  I think that I have the right solution in mind
>> but would love some peer review (There will be typos, updates and
>> other things, thats cool).  I would like to finish cleaning this up,
>> add the rasterisk, safe_asterisk and other manpages.
>
> rasterisk is 'asterisk -r'. rasterisk.8 should be a symlink to
> asterisk.8 .
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

I have read that the symlink does not work on every platform the same
and writing tests for this may be a waste of our time.  Copying the
file during install would do the same thing.  I agree with you that it
should be easier but my research has pointed to some small
inconsistencies with platforms and distros.

Tzafrir, I would like to thank you for your work on this.  I think we
are getting close and when I am done I would be happy to help review
the DAHDI manpages and help to make them all consistent (They already
look good).

~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~